Due to involvement of too much pollution, unhealthy food and rigid weather, our body goes through a vivid hormonal imbalance causing us severe skin problems and acne is one of them. Acne is basically a skin disease with the involvement of oil secreting glands at the base of our hair follicles. It is a common cause that occurs during puberty period when the oil glands of our body gets activated. These glands are stimulated by the male hormones that are produced by the adrenal glands of both the female and male.
The word acne as sometimes replaced by pimples and many people know it by this name rather than acne. Acne or pimples can appear both on face and body such as neck, shoulders, chest or back. Acne is not a dangerous disease, but it’s appearance on one’s face is unwelcome. Plus, it causes pain and can leave leave scars on your skin.
Human skin contains pores and those are connected to oil glands which are present under our skin. These glands are connected to the pores through the follicles known as the small canals. An oily liquid is produced by these glands called Sebum. This sebum carries the dead skin cells from the glands to the surface through the follicles. Sometimes small hair grows through these follicles out of the skin. A pimple appears when these canals or follicles are blocked, resulting in the emergence of oil resting under the skin.
The cause of acne is still not sure by anyone. According to expert the cause of acne is due to the rise in the androgen levels which is a type of hormone. Androgen levels rise when a human becomes adult or his/her puberty starts. Some studies have also shown that this skin problem can be genetically mutated too. Some medications that may contain androgen or lithium may also cause acne on your skin. Greasy cosmetics or oily food can also be the reason behind the occurrence of pimples o your face. The possibilities can be many more but getting rid of such an annoying problem can sometimes be hectic. We have gathered a few home remedies that will let you overcome this skin problem.
Oatmeal is one natural ingredient that is very beneficial in reducing the appearance of acne because it thoroughly cleanses your pores and removes access oil from the skin. It is also best to exfoliate your skin. It is the best ingredient to remove skin tags, small soft skin growth. Oatmeal is your answer to the question (“How do I remove skin tags?”)
- Take a cup of cooked oatmeal and add a tablespoon of honey and half lemon.
- Rub this mixture gently against your skin.
- Leave it on for about 30 minutes or until dry.
- Rinse with lukewarm water and try it for about two weeks.
2. Fuller’s Earth
Fuller’s earth which is also known as multani mitti is best for the treatment of acne. It absorbs excess oil from the skin pores, unclogs the pores and leaves your skin smooth and moisturized. It also improves your real complexion and is easily available in local Indian stores.
- Mix equal amount of fuller’s earth, rosewater sandalwood powder. You can add more rosewater to increase the consistency.
- Apply this pack on your face.
- Leave it to dry and wash your face with lukewarm water.
- Apply this pack twice a week to see the difference.
3. Baking Soda
Baking soda is one kitchen ingredient that works as a soft exfoliate for your skin. It helps to unclog the pores and removes the stubborn dead skin. It also regulates the pH level of your skin and has some mild antiseptic and anti-inflammatory agents. All these properties make this ingredient the best to remove acne from your skin.
- Make a paste of about two tablespoons of baking soda and little water.
- Apply it on your face and gently scrub it through
- Keep it for a while and wash away.
- You can add some honey and lemon for some more effective results.
Our regular toothpaste can be one best product to reduce acne from your skin. It is one of the easiest and effect home remedies to get rid of acne.
- Apply some toothpaste on your acne affected area before going to bed.
- Leave it overnight and wash it next morning.
- Toothpaste will dry up all the acne and will reduce the swelling.
- The significance difference can be seen in a day or two.
5. Lemon Juice
The vitamin C and the acidic properties of lemon can be very effective in the treatment of acne. Lemon will clean out dirt from all the clogged pores and will straightly harden the sebum produced by the oil glands. It can be used daily on the skin but if it gives too much dryness on your skin use it twice a week.
- Cut a slice of lemon and rub it gently against the acne.
- Leave it for few hours and then wash your face.
- You can also mix lemon juice with rosewater and use this solution to wash your face regularly.
6. Tea Tree Oil
Another very natural ingredient used for acne treatment is tea tree oil. Tea tree oil acts as a natural antiseptic and will help your to clean your clogged pores filled with sebum that causes acne. It also kills bacteria that cause acne.
- Apply few drops of tea tree oil on the affected area three times daily.
- If the skin causes irritation, dilute it with water or rosewater to make it little gentle on your skin.
- Try this method daily to see the difference.
7. Aloe Vera Gel
The anti-inflammatory and soothing effects of Aloe Vera can make a big difference on your skin. It is intensively used in many products used in the treatment of acne. Being a gentle natural ingredient, it is very effective on your skin and will help to reduce acne at the first place.
- Take a fresh slice of Aloe Vera.
- Cut it in half and rub it on the acne prone area.
- You can also take out the gel; mix it with some lemon and honey.
- Apply this on your face and leave it to dry.
- Wash your face and notice the instant glow that is very particular.
Lisa Cohen is a Senior Writer for OLWOMEN.com, an avid reader, fashion and make up enthusiast who simply lives to write and talk about all kinds of stuff. Focusing on How to get rid of Acne & researching the best ways regarding how to get rid of love handles.