Why not impress friends and family members by serving them these simple yet delicious homemade crispy banana fritters? They are extremely quick to make, a perfect recipe for a last minute snack or dessert.
Banana fritters, also called ‘Jemput-jemput pisang’ or otherwise known as ‘cekodok pisang’ is an old traditional Malay delicacy and a popular Malaysian snack. The main ingredient for this dish is banana (pisang), so if you have very ripe leftover bananas at home and you don’t know what to do with them, this is THE banana fritters recipe for you. A final touch of toasted sesame seeds adds an extra crunch to every bite of these scrumptious little fried banana balls.
Republished from www.huangkitchen.com
- 300 gram ripe bananas, mashed
- 65 gram rice flour, sifted
- 35 gram all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup white sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
1. Prepare all the ingredients needed for this dish.
2. Using a fork, mash the ripe bananas until it resembles one big chunk. Then add the sifted flour followed by baking soda and salt.
3. Then add in toasted white sesame seeds. Combine till well mixed. Let the batter rest for 15 minutes.
4. Heat up a wok of oil over medium to high heat. When the oil is ready, small bubbles will appear. Just before deep frying, mix in the brown sugar into the mashed banana batter.
5. Using an ice-cream scoop, spoon the banana batter into the hot oil. Fry the banana balls until its golden brown. When it’s ready, scoop the fried banana balls up using a strainer and drain on paper towel.
6. Serve these crispy on the outside yet soft on the inside banana fritters hot with a cup of coffee or tea and ENJOY!